I Buy My Own Drinks

The international (and not so international) tales of a girl who buys her own drinks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009



aagghh my time here is winding down so fast! i'm so sad. i just went back to my alma mater, the alliance francaise, to pick up some test results from april. no, i wasn't lazy, they're just available now. i even impressed the secretary with my scores (oral comprehension 42/50 and written comprehension 41/60). i know i impressed her, cus she said so. so yesterday i decided i would walk to my school to get my scores. it took about an hour and by the time i got there i was a sweaty beast. so i get to the office tell the lady i want my scores and she says to write my name down and come back tomorrow and she'll have the scores ready. so i say ok. so i come back today and she didn't have my scores ready! i also took the test in may so i guess she figured i could wait til july when the may scores were ready to get my april scores as well, even though she told me to come back today. so she tells me to sit down, asks for my name, types it into the computer and prints out my results. i hope you're thinking "why didn't she just do that yesterday?" cus that's what i'm still thinking.

tonight is my last writing workshop at shakespeare and company. the leader told us last week that she's putting together a book of short stories focusing on shared experiences, and it just so happens i have a wonderful story already written on that subject. so here's hoping i get published! send out good vibes for me.

and my mom comes tomorrow! i'm so excited to see her and have her pay for stuff for me. (i want a new purse!) i'm going to take her on a tour of the paris sewers cus she really loves waste-water management (true!). she also really wants to see notre dame and the louvre (again) because i think that she thinks the more she goes the more her life will resemble "the davinci code." which reminds me that i should show her st. sulpice. (if i didn't write that down, i would forget. bear with me). i also have two friends coming in a few days as well and it's their first time in paris. i'm very excited to play tour guide and show them all the fabulous things that i have come to love in paris.

i may have already mentioned bagels and brownies, but i'll mention it again. it's this fabulous sandwich shop near the st. placide metro stop that serves all their sandwiches on bagels. they also sell brownies. so today after i got my test results, i got a fabulous sandwich (the los angeles!) and a brownie. i just finished eating them, and now i could use a nap. no point to that story really, except that you should go there if you get a chance.

i don't want to leave paris! i'll just need someone to ship me my cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home